Monday 27 April 2015

When Instagram changed their rights in 2013.

In 2013, the mobile app changed it's rights which infringed on peoples rights, it meant that they could use peoples photographs without asking, I remember this and at the time it didn't bother me as I didn't believe in using the platform to post DSLR work and such fourth as I thought it should be an phone-photo only app.
But I did sit and think being a photographer myself, you fight to keep the rights to your own work and you use the platform just to promote yourself then they change the rights to use your work without giving you a cent. It's like they have forgot about rights almost. The article below just gives a brief insight into the photography community gathering to fight and change the rights back.

http://www.bjp-online.com/2013/08/photography-organisations-rally-against-instagrams-terms-of-use/

No comments:

Post a Comment