Thursday 23 April 2015

The fight between using work on Instagram

This article wrote in 2013 is quite interesting as it shows Instagram from a photographers side, something which is rare considering it is a photo-based app. It provides the argument between whether we as photographers should embrace the app or we should kind of dismiss the app. It makes valid points in building a following for your art but also losing the rights to an extent, it also mentions that moving into the digital age people can take your work easily not just through Instagram but others like Facebook and such.
I found the whole article quite interesting and I can see both sides of it being a photographer myself but the work i tend to put on the app is from my hobby Skateboarding. I don't necessarily want to go into skateboard photography but if I did want to get recognised, I would definitely use Instagram as I reach professional skateboarders and photographers along with magazines who could like my work which would be a big help.


http://www.bjp-online.com/2013/01/beyond-instagram-should-photographers-accept-the-risks-inherent-in-social-networks/

No comments:

Post a Comment